Nothing new
What more appropriate time to begin
3am has always been my companion
So here it starts
A journey into my heart and soul…
Here again
Watching the minutes go by
Mostly wasted on escape routes and diversions
Always alone
Because I haven’t met you
Or I’m still searching for me
The world around me lies silent
While the world within me is a raging storm
Washing my heart up on desolate beaches
Extinguishing my signal fire whenever a boat is within sight
Blinking dots mocking me
Morning gets closer while rest stays out of reach
Maybe if I find the right song to guide me
Or the right laugh to lighten my load
Turn it all off
Peace still at bay
Roll over again
Another drink of water
Another hour or two
Light sneaks through the blinds
The night has eluded my grasp again
by David Stein 4/13/2013
© 2013 by David Stein. All rights reserved.
No comments:
Post a Comment