Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Seeker and the Soulmate



Lost between the rediscovered promise of true love
And past failures of co-dependence and self-doubt
A pack animal without a pack
No longer needing, but still wanting
Never knowing when we will meet
Yet having always known you
An undeniable search
For every answer I discover
I also find new questions
A journey shared with few
Yet most pursue
Persevering until I find you
In a perfect storm
Where perfection does not lie in finding the meaning of life
But in finding that life that begins with the realization of love
A place where souls meet
And dance in fiery circles
Like rediscovered artifacts
What is old is new
What is new is old
Where your arms are the buried treasure
An end within a beginning
When it no longer matters what I do
But that I am doing it with you


by David Stein 4/13/2013
Revised 6/11/2014
© 2013-2014 by David Stein.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment