Pushed towards so many cliffs over a lifetime
No matter what lays ahead
No matter how much fear I feel
I always manage to take the leap
And catch myself when I fall
With the help of my higher power
Sometimes I land hard
Leaving me feeling broken
Though the injuries are not physical
They often take a long time to heal
Perseverance and understanding are my friends
They will get me to my desired end
Now that I know myself better
The landings are softer
And take much less time to heal
It was not easy to get here
It is not easy to be here
It is a much better place than where I was
But someday
I will learn to fly
It is in my bones
It is in my soul
I will fly
I will fly
I don’t know when
I don’t know how
I just know I will
I know I will find a way
I will fly
I will fly
I will soar amongst the clouds
And relish in the sun’s warmth
I will sing of days gone by
And spread joy as I go
I will fly
I will fly
I will sing of brighter futures
I will share the paths I have found
I will teach others to fly
As I reach new heights
I will fly
I will fly
© 2013 by David Stein. All rights reserved.
No comments:
Post a Comment